Calling For Presenters - please submit now!
FREEDOM to ACT 2019
THE ALEXANDER TECHNIQUE CONFERENCE ON ACTING
2019 theme: the Actor's Audition preparation for success
January 4-6 2019, New York City
Developed by Belinda Mello, Ann Rodiger
Including a Pre Conference for Alexander Technique Teachers and Trainees
Freedom to ACT is in its 8th year! Join our growing community of artists and teachers
calling for presenters
Apply to be a presenter: submission deadline: June 15, 2018
We are seeking presentations that highlight the ways actors gain an advantage from integrating the Alexander Technique with their Acting Process.
Our 2019 theme is The Actor's Audition Preparation and Success
Preparing for an audition with Alexander Technique
Using Alexander Technique during each moment of the audition process
How to use the Alexander Technique to help the actor stand out
Maintaining a calm and steady presence during the audition process
The Freedom to ACT conference welcomes people of all Alexander Technique skill levels and understandings to take workshops together. Actors, acting teachers or coaches, AT teachers and trainees all attend this conference. Unless otherwise specified, presentational materials need to be applicable and inclusive to all.
We anticipate workshops will be 2 hours in length. Over the years we have found that participatory and observational sessions work best.
This year we are also looking for workshops that might lead to a short 5 minute performance.
If you would like to discuss your ideas or need help applying your idea to a broader group, you are welcome to contact us: Belinda Mello email@example.com and Ann Rodiger firstname.lastname@example.org
What to include in your Application:
- Title of presentation
- Brief description of your presentation
- Experience level for whom your presentation is intended
- Brief bio (70 words) - you can include a url for more detail
- Photo for Freedom to ACT promotional materials
- Type of participation you expect your presentation to be: e.g. lecture, demonstration, participation, or a combination.
- Technical requirements needed for your presentation
- Size of room needed for your presentation
Deadline to Apply: June 15th, 2018
We will get back to you by August 1st regarding your participation.
We are offering the following to Conference Presenters:
- Choice of $100 honorarium or 2 free workshops.
- One free student scholarship to one of your students (for a single workshop of their choice)
- Presenters Supper on Saturday evening
- Because we hope that Presenters will attend the entire conference, Presenters will be offered a chance to register early at the student discount rate.